By José M. Magone
In this significant new introductory textbook, José Magone offers an obtainable and finished creation to modern ecu politics.
The unification of the eu continent because the Fall of the Berlin wall in 1989 and the cave in of communist regimes in vital and jap Europe has replaced the character of ecu politics. This e-book seeks to handle the hot ecu politics that emerged out of this coming jointly of West and East.
Utilizing a pan-European comparative method the publication:
- covers key themes, with chapters at the background, conception, associations, events and occasion structures, curiosity teams, platforms of curiosity intermediation and civil society, the effect of ecu public coverage and the emergence of a ecu universal and international policy
- provides certain comparisons of the nationwide political platforms throughout Europe, together with important and japanese Europe and the Balkans
- contextualises nationwide politics within the becoming value of eu integration
- examines the ecu Union multi-level governance method procedure, highlighting relationships and interactions among the worldwide, supranational, nationwide, local and native levels
- analyses the switch from glossy politics, during which the geographical region was once nonetheless accountable for family politics and its personal borders, to postmodern politics within which de-territorialisation , de-nationalisation and internationalisation methods have reworked the nationwide politics of ecu states
- facilitates studying via quite a lot of pedagogical positive factors, together with bankruptcy summaries, courses to extra examining, questions for revision and wide use of maps, figures, case reports and tables.
Richly illustrated all through, this paintings is an critical source for all scholars and teachers of ecu politics.
Read Online or Download Contemporary European Politics: A Comparative Introduction PDF
Best practical politics books
Australian Politics and govt is a complete 2003 comparative research of Australian country and Commonwealth governments and their politics for over 40 years. as well as significant chapters on every one country within the Australian federation, the e-book contains chapters at the Commonwealth executive and the 2 self-governing territories.
This ebook seriously examines the demanding situations, successes, and screw ups of the post-1994 South African kingdom opposed to the humane values enshrined in its structure: nonracial democracy and recognize for all generations of human rights—civil, political, social, fiscal, assets and the surroundings and gender and conversation.
This ebook is a distinct contribution to the examine of democratization in Hong Kong, with chapters together with the criminal culture in Hong Kong, the positive aspects of Hong Kong's indigenous democracy, the 2014 Umbrella circulate, and the evolution of the executive govt election.
This available workbook has been built to supply readers with an exceptional grounding in monetary rules. It deals a serious exam of forty monetary theorems and ideas - corresponding to wealth distribution, provide and insist and finance - and the contexts during which they need to be understood.
- Problems of Democratization in China (East Asia)
- The First Modern Campaign: Kennedy, Nixon, and the Election of 1960
- Government and Politics in Sri Lanka: Biopolitics and Security (Routledge Studies in South Asian Politics)
- Sovereignty After Empire
Extra resources for Contemporary European Politics: A Comparative Introduction
Contemporary European Politics: A Comparative Introduction by José M. Magone