Controller-Based instant LAN Fundamentals
An end-to-end reference consultant to layout, set up, deal with, and safe 802.11 instant networks
As stressed networks are more and more changed with 802.11n instant connections, company clients are transferring to centralized, next-generation architectures equipped round instant LAN Controllers (WLC). those networks will more and more run business-critical voice, information, and video purposes that when required stressed out Ethernet.
In Controller-Based instant LAN Fundamentals, 3 senior Cisco instant specialists assemble the entire functional and conceptual wisdom pros have to hopefully layout, configure, set up, deal with, and troubleshoot 802.11n networks with Cisco Unified instant community (CUWN) technologies.
The authors first introduce the middle ideas, parts, and benefits of next-generation instant networks equipped with Cisco choices. Drawing on their pioneering adventure, the authors current information, insights, and most sensible practices for community layout and implementation in addition to certain configuration examples.
Next, they remove darkness from key applied sciences starting from WLCs to light-weight entry element Protocol (LWAPP) and regulate and Provisioning of instant entry issues (CAPWAP), mounted cellular Convergence to WiFi Voice. in addition they convey the best way to benefit from the CUWN’s end-to-end protection, automated configuration, self-healing, and built-in administration capabilities.
This publication serves as a pragmatic, hands-on reference for all community directors, designers, and engineers throughout the complete undertaking lifecycle, and an authoritative studying software for brand new instant certification courses. this can be the only ebook that
- Fully covers the rules and parts of next-generation instant networks equipped with Cisco WLCs and Cisco 802.11n AP
- Brings jointly real-world tips, insights, and most sensible practices for designing and imposing next-generation instant networks
- Presents start-to-finish configuration examples for universal deployment scenarios
- Reflects the wide first-hand event of Cisco experts
- Gain an operational and design-level knowing of WLAN Controller (WLC) architectures, similar applied sciences, and the issues they solve
- Understand 802.11n, MIMO, and protocols built to help WLC architecture
- Use Cisco applied sciences to reinforce instant community reliability, resilience, and scalability whereas lowering working expenses
- Safeguard your resources utilizing Cisco Unified instant Network’s complicated defense features
- Design instant networks in a position to serving as an enterprise’s basic or purely entry community and assisting complex mobility services
- Utilize Cisco instant regulate procedure (WCS) to devise, installation, visual display unit, troubleshoot, and file on instant networks all through their lifecycles
- Configure Cisco instant LANs for multicasting
- Quickly troubleshoot issues of Cisco controller-based instant LANs
This booklet is a part of the Cisco Press® basics sequence. Books during this sequence introduce networking execs to new networking applied sciences, masking community topologies, pattern deployment options, protocols, and administration techniques.
Covers: Cisco Controller-Based instant LANs