By Nicholas D Spencer
Man lubricates more often than not with oil. Nature lubricates completely with water. natural water is a negative lubricant, however the addition of proteins, particularly glycoproteins, can regulate surfaces to cause them to way more lubricating at sluggish speeds. knowing how nature does this, and the actual constructions concerned, is not just very important for the certainty of ailments equivalent to osteoarthritis, but additionally crucial for the winning software of articulating implants, equivalent to hips and knees, in addition to the advance of clinical units similar to catheters and make contact with lenses. a number of vital functions of water-based lubrication are already in position within the own care and foodstuff industries, and extra commercial purposes of water-based lubrication may have an important optimistic influence at the environment.
This booklet is the 1st of its variety. It brings jointly the newest study in organic and biomimetic, water-based lubrication and is authored by way of the world's specialists within the field.
- Tribology of typical Articular Joints (Rowena Crockett)
- Sticky and Slippery: Interfacial Forces of Mucin and Mucus Gels (Seunghwan Lee)
- Aqueous Lubrication and nutrients Emulsions (Jason R Stokes)
- Aqueous Lubrication in Cosmetics (Gustavo S Luengo, Anthony Galliano and Claude Dubief)
- Hydrogel Friction and Lubrication (Jian Liu and Jian Ping Gong)
- Aqueous Lubrication with Polymer Brushes (Suzanne Giasson and Nicholas D Spencer)
- Water-Like Lubrication of difficult Contacts through Polyhydric Alcohols (Jean Michel Martin and Maria Isabel De Barros-Bouchet)
- Aqueous Lubrication of Ceramics (Mitjan Kalin)
Readership: educational and business tribologists, fabrics scientists, biomechanics execs, and physicists and chemists with an curiosity in tribology.
Read Online or Download Aqueous Lubrication:Natural and Biomimetic Approaches: 3 (IISc Research Monographs Series) PDF
Best textiles & polymers books
The third version of The technological know-how and expertise of Rubber offers a large survey of elastomers with certain emphasis on fabrics with a rubber-like elasticity. As within the 2d variation, the emphasis is still on a unified therapy of the fabric; exploring themes from the chemical facets reminiscent of elastomer synthesis and curing, via fresh theoretical advancements and characterization of equilibrium and dynamic houses, to the ultimate functions of rubber, together with tire engineering and production.
Salen steel Complexes as Catalysts for the Synthesis of Polycarbonates from Cyclic Ethers and Carbon Dioxide, via Donald J. Darensbourg. - fabric houses of Poly(Propylene Carbonates), through Gerrit. A. Luinstra and Endres Borchardt. - Poly(3-Hydroxybutyrate) from Carbon Monoxide, through Robert Reichardt and Bernhard Rieger.
Supplying an up to date evaluate of the sector, this reference offers huge discussions on a variety of techniques for molecular imprinting written by means of pioneering specialists at the topic. Molecularly Imprinted fabrics: technology and expertise deals experimental protocols that exemplify particular concepts, in addition to unique surveys on molecular imprinting study and purposes.
Within the twentieth century industrialization begun due to huge variety of techniques within the box of technological know-how. Then toxins turns into inevitable. cloth fairly the chemical processing quarter bought the most important increase in the course of that interval. seeing that then fabric chemical processing continually have significant proportion within the international pollutants.
- Intelligent Textiles and Clothing (Woodhead Publishing Series in Textiles)
- Databook of Plasticizers
- Applied Plastics Engineering Handbook: Processing, Materials, and Applications (Plastics Design Library)
- Eco-friendly Polymer Nanocomposites: Processing and Properties (Advanced Structured Materials)
- Hybrid Polymer Composite Materials: Applications (Composites Science and Engineering)
- Thermosets and Composites: Material Selection, Applications, Manufacturing and Cost Analysis (Plastics Design Library)
Extra info for Aqueous Lubrication:Natural and Biomimetic Approaches: 3 (IISc Research Monographs Series)
Aqueous Lubrication:Natural and Biomimetic Approaches: 3 (IISc Research Monographs Series) by Nicholas D Spencer